Paleo Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Paleo Diet Forum

A forum that focuses on incorporating a Paleo diet in today's get up and go world.

Home  Gallery  Search  Latest images  Register  Log in  
Latest topics
» Hello & Welcome!!
365 Days of Paleo EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 pm by freda55

» Hello Paleos!
365 Days of Paleo EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:46 pm by lynzij

» Hi
365 Days of Paleo EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:20 am by Alyssa

» CSA - a Paleo Dieter's Best Friend
365 Days of Paleo EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 pm by Alyssa

» Forum Organization Suggestions
365 Days of Paleo EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:15 pm by Alyssa

» Adding in more recipes ...
365 Days of Paleo EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:35 pm by Alyssa

» 365 Days of Paleo
365 Days of Paleo EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:01 am by Alyssa

» Stone Age Food Substitutions
365 Days of Paleo EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:03 am by Alyssa

» Basic Paleo Recipe Principles
365 Days of Paleo EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:24 am by Alyssa

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
365 Days of Paleo Empty
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Paleo Diet Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Paleo Diet Forum on your social bookmarking website
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

365 Days of Paleo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alyssa
Admin

365 Days of Paleo Empty
PostSubject: 365 Days of Paleo   365 Days of Paleo EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:51 am

I found this person's blog a couple of days ago and have been finding it an AMAZING read.

Perhaps doing a 365 challenge and documenting that is a good idea ... it would give one a great deal to think about as they made their own journey, to be sure.

In any case, I thought I'd share Gary's blog with you - he has some great thoughts, and perhaps he can help inspire folks or cause them to think about various things they never really ever considered:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://paleo-gal.blogspot.com
Alyssa
Admin

365 Days of Paleo Empty
PostSubject: Re: 365 Days of Paleo   365 Days of Paleo EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:01 am

This post struck a chord in me to be sure ... and is some great fodder for thought:

Quote :
But, the main thing I wanted to address in this entry is the answer to a thought I've been having: what if everyone - the entire human race - or even a large percentage of us went back to eating the paleolithic diet of meat, vegetables and fruits? What would happen if billions, or even just millions of people began excluding grains and dairy and processed foods from their diet forever?

Of course, the answer points out, in glaring contrast, exactly what I've been alluding to here; i.e., that the food industry, in particular, grain and dairy producers and the companies that manufacture foods using their products all have a vested interest - a market - to protect. In league with them, the entire medical establishment and the pharmaceuticals industry has a vested interest - a market - to protect. The grain and dairy producers make billions per year from their products, which are, in turn, used by food manufacturers to make yet more billions per year selling their products made with grains and dairy products. The medical establishment has built an entire industry around "treating" various diet-related diseases that are caused by a diet rich in grains and dairy, while the pharmaceuticals industry has built a multi-billion dollar industry around selling drugs to suppress the symptoms of these dietary diseases - but never to cure them. So, you have a chain of vested interests, all joined together at the hip, all profiting immensely from your pain, suffering and ill-health - and all with a huge motivation to not only continue this sad state of affairs (sad for us, great for them), but to actually expand upon it! Anyone who would argue otherwise is either a lobbyist for one or more of these industries, or is a simple minded idiot. Since most of the American public are quite obviously not lobbyists, what does that imply?

But, maybe I'm being too harsh on you folks. After all, for your entire life - indeed, for the entire lives of the 500 ancestors who lived before you - grains and dairy have been part of the human diet and no one has had any inkling that there was ever anything different or wrong with that. In fact, just the opposite. We've been told all our lives that we require grains and dairy in our diet for survival and good health. So, it is no surprise, then, that the vast majority of human beings have unlearned the eating habits of their distant ancestors (in fact, everyone living today never knew of those eating habits, to begin with) and are pursuing a diet that is killing them, all the while believing that what they eat is good, healthy food.

But, getting back to the original question, in light of what I've just said, it should be glaringly apparent to anyone who can think critically (and our numbers are shrinking) that there is a huge monolithic power arrayed against us that has our ill health and suffering - not our well-being - at heart as they pursue their huge profits, made from willfully poisoning our food supply on a daily basis. To anyone who would ask if I believe these folks would deliberately do such a thing to billions of people worldwide, I would answer, do you really believe, in light of what I've said above, that they would not? As I said, there is a vested interest to protect, worth countless trillions in revenue. Oh! I left out one of the key players in this "food chain" (pardon the pun, I couldn't resist!): government, and those behind the scenes who actually control it (which are people very different from those whom we've elected). Who benefits from the taxes paid by the huge multinational corporations that supply the world's food products, manufacture drugs and medical appliances, etc? So, you see, we are all slaves to a behemoth that feeds off of our continued ill health and suffering, whether we like it or not.

But, through the Paleo Diet, we can all free ourselves from the machine we've been enslaved by. You don't need grains and dairy and processed foods any more than you need high cholesterol, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, diabetes, heart disease and cancer. In fact, you'll lower your risk of all of these conditions by not eating grains and dairy and processed foods. You have the power to decide what you put into your body. The choice is all yours, not the people who want to keep you hooked on what they're peddling to us.
Back to top Go down
http://paleo-gal.blogspot.com

365 Days of Paleo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paleo Diet Forum :: Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to: